Sunday, April 16, 2006

Pour the Champagne... #29

Happy Easter. Yes. Candy. The title of this blog is referring to this new band I'm looking into called "Panic at the Disco" I really like the few songs I have heard of them I have really liked. They are similar to things I listen to but they have their own style that you don't hear very often in music. I'm really into slow, somewhat different music. If you have heard "Death Cab for Cutie" or "Keane" then you have an idea of some of the things I like a lot. That's not all I like, it's just something I'm usually drawn to. On Tuesday of this week I attended a concert. It was my first, and I tend to be extremely paranoid, so I was very anxious. I was going to see Fall Out Boy, All American Rejects, Hawthorne Heights, and From First To Last. By the time I got in the first band was playing. I had never heard of them so I wasn't particularly interested. I was more interested on staying alive. I told you, I was REALLY paranoid, ha ha. I went with my friend Jordona, and her parents took us. Jordona wanted to go out of our seats and go find better seats but I was really reluctant. She finally persuaded me and we went down close to the stage when All American Rejects were playing. They are one of my favorite bands so I was way excited when they started playing one of my favorite songs; It Ends Tonight. They had everyone hold up cell phones and hold them up. Pretty awesome. I was very excited when they started singing because I finally felt comfortable. I knew what I was doing. They sang their songs and swore about how it was the Drummer "Chris's" birthday. The left and then the curtains fell on the rock stage. White curtains covered the whole stage area and through the shadows we could make out small figures placing large objects here and there. I was really tired by now, after "rocking out" to AAR. They really were a great band. Fall Out Boy was next. I had my favorite’s songs of theirs but they weren't a really big favorite of mine. I liked them but I was too caught up on AAR. Finally the curtains fell to reveal a big white stage with the drummer placed up on a higher platform and various background curtains. The band began playing and the crowd immediately erupted into shouts and hollers screaming their name, begging for their loud music. They began playing a popular song and I immediately felt my energy return. Jordona pushed me down the steps, where we once again looked for a good spot. The songs went by and we traveled isle to isle, standing listening to the band play and talk about the meanings of their songs and life on tour. We finally found a perfect spot near the back of the stadium where no one was standing. We had a perfect view and it was a great spot. Jordona, I could see, really wanted to travel into "The Pit" and I just brushed off her feelings. "Heck no." I thought "I am NOT going in that thing" as I looked out to the moshing crowds of bigger, sweatier, smelly people. The songs wore on and my energy was as bright as ever as they played my favorite songs. The last song came on and I felt a bit of dread as I turned to Jordona and asked her quietly, "Do you want to rush into the pit?" She smiled brightly and grabbed my arm and pulled me to a fence where we jumped into the stadium floor. The security just watched us as a swarm of people ran past. We made our way to the mid area of the pit where everyone was jumping and screaming for the band. I was screaming and jumping along with them. It was the most exhilarating experiences of my life. I had never had anything like that happen to me. It was incredible. I just can't believe I actually did something like that. I am a total coward. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to go. It was worth all the money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home