Sunday, March 05, 2006

#23 Seahorse

As I chomped my way through the delight I felt my eyelids get a wee-bit heavier, and my knees give way under my weight. I swung myself away from the busy café area and faced the cowboy. I glared as menacing as my face muscles would allow. The man just scoffed and grabbed my arm tightly, holding me up so I wouldn’t fall.
“When… I come to… I’m going to... beat the…” I trailed off and let my face fall into the peanut bowl on the counter. The westerner pulled my head out of the bowl and chuckled. I returned his laugh sarcastically. My legs were now useless, my body was shutting down, and I had no control. Jiggy now took attention to me. Her face bore a confused look, as if she couldn’t understand what I was doing but when she saw the leather gloved hand gripping my shoulder her attitude changed. She was my guard, and always took care of me. She furrowed her brow trying to think of something to do that would cause less distraction. Finding no other solution Jiggy charged the man abducting me.
“Sally, get away from the strange man with funny pants!” Jiggy threatened, referring to the cowboys chaps. She knocked over a waitress on the way, who was holding a cup of scolding coffee. She later sued us, due to a broken collar bone, but that is a totally different story.
“Hello, does it look like I can do anything?!” I whimpered tiredly to her, but I was barely audible for she was too far away, and I was too weak. Jiggy was close to me now and I could almost reach her out-stretched hand when another oddly clothed hand grasped her fore-arm. She jerked back, recoiling but not loosening the grasp of her attacker. She turned to see a tall, broad-shouldered man with a pale complexion. He stared down at her and moved his red and black hair out of his face.
“Hello, friend.” He taunted to Jiggy as she began furiously trying to rip away from the man. He wrapped his lengthy trench-coat around the thrashing girl to draw less attention.
“Come on dear, I don’t want you to get wet in the rain!” The pale man thundered so the restaurant was aware of his protection. I moved my head to the window to see a thunderstorm hand sure enough formed around the, what was a minute ago, clear sky. This abductor glanced at my own enemy and gave him a quick smile. Feeling another surge of weakness, I collapsed under my own weight and fell into the chair next to me. One more quick look at Jiggy and I realized that her own attacker had lured her into submission with a large bowl of popcorn. She submitted to him effortlessly and was led out the double doors of our last remembrance of what was normal.
I fell into a chair near me and glanced at my captor one more time before falling into a deep sleep. They had succeeded, and changed our life into what we though were a nightmare that is continually circling through our naïve minds. I’m sure Jiggy would agree that our lives changed… Did it change for the better? Who can say when you are walking into your apparent doom?

Another continuation that I needed to type up. :D wee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home