Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Emotions Suck... #19

I just read Mr. T's blog about Ms. Eller. It made me think, and I really don't know what to say.

Many of you knew Tyler Hinojosa. He was an incredible kid who was always happy. I went to elementary school with him, at Whitesides Elementary. His mom was our sixth grade teacher, and they always fought and goofed off with each other. It was one of the things that helped make that year more enjoyable.

When I was in my "earlier years" I had a problem with depression. I thought I was the only thing that mattered in the world and I didn't get enough attention. Me, being my stupid selfish self, attempted something I hope NEVER to face again. I regret that day more than anything. I was the most selfish person ever, and I caused my mom so much devastation, all for a little attention. I think that I've grown out of the over dramatic angst, even though I have my depression episodes still. I've made it and I'm trying not letting my stupid "girl feelings" get hold of my neck and drag me down with all the depressing-wannabes who think life is so pointless. I'm a happy person, I love life. I love coming to school and seeing all my friends. And yet, I thought for a while that standing through a few people teasing made life not worth it. Through out the short while I've been here I have had countless friendships that have broken apart all because I couldn't be happy. I held back, and I wouldn't let myself have fun. Though I am still growing out of this stage I think overall I have seriously improved, and I am working really hard to get out of the whole I dug myself in elementary school.

Anyway, back to the main point. I was once again having problems with self-esteem due to this one boy in my class who didn't think I was good enough to hang out with his "posse" if you will. I sat in class glaring at people, or angsting to my friends about how this one boy (who is now doing drugs) wouldn't let me "hang".
One person made me happy.
I got moved next to Tyler, which was something that made my life a whole lot easier. Coming to school wasn't so hard, if I got to talk to Tyler. Because he would always cheer me up. Sitting through class wasn't so hard when I had Tyler cracking jokes by me. He was just such a happy guy who was friends with everyone. Even today I strive to be life the happy guy that made my life a whole lot easier, and I know others lives too. I just wanted to say that don't let the fear of your social status burning in flames, or you looking bad, or you being shy let you do something that NEEDS to be done. Help someone. Hold back when your friends are teasing some helpless little kid, and tell them to stop. These small actions, like Tyler making a joke now and then, will make a difference, and change peoples lives.

Nothing more.

Sarah.

1 Comments:

Blogger MRT said...

Your title is a bit too general. I think you should say that painful emotions suck...and even then, if it weren't for sadness and loss, we couldn't appreciate happiness and love. There are no guarantees in life -- bad things happen to good people sometimes -- but it is in the way we respond to tragedy and pain that we define ourselves and, possibly, improve our corner of the world.

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home