Sunday, April 09, 2006

Bubble bubble.... #28

I absolutely love this computer. I'm staying at my brothers for the night and he has the coolest compy ever. I swear. Anyway. I had this all ready for this blog so I'm just going to post it really quick. I'm too proud of it but I've worked hard on it with my friend. Enjoy.

----

A cold hand brushed against my cheek, waking me from my peaceful slumber. All I could remember was a doughnut.
“You passed out” a quiet voice in the corner droned out. I propped myself up in what to appeared to be a king sized mattress lavished in deep violet bedding. My eyes adjusted to the darkness. A shadow lurked in the corner silently, all except his light panting.
“Passed out?” I quietly recollected ‘Yes! I think I remember…’ I thought to myself.
“No, you don’t” The creeping man said gently and… I forgot. I couldn’t remember anything of the previous night.
“You and your friend… Jiggy, were at a café when all of the sudden you were out and fell like a sack of potaters’” the voice echoed in the dim room.
“Potaters?” I questioned.
“Something I picked up from Nicolai, I suppose…” The figure said and emerged from his dark cover. The man was tall with an extremely pale complexion. He loomed over me and brushed his shiny hair. It was a blood red that faded into a deep black.
“Nicolai…?” I grimaced. “Who is Nicolai?” Then the familiar cowboy trotted into the room projecting a mischievous aura. “He is Nicolai.” The first man pointed out. “I am Zane. We are brothers. We have three others… You will meet them soon enough. Welcome to our humble abode. Zane majestically presented the room. Nicolai moved shyly over to the bed I was laying on. I cast a frightened look into his deep green eyes. He tipped his hat to me politely and I pulled myself away, feeling something unnatural about his presence.
“Sally…?” Jiggy emerged through the doorway doused in a floor length trench coat. She seemed different, as if she was frightened. I had no idea why but it seemed as if we had switched minds. I had never seen Jiggy frightened before, and I had never once had the desire to protect her. It was her job to protect me… I pondered this as I looked into her eyes. They pleaded for help. For once she was dependant on me. What made the headlong Jiggy change so abruptly? I stared at her and thought about our change. Then I noticed her grasping her wrist, with blood seeping through her hand, beginning our leap into the demoted world of the Noble Household.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home