Sunday, February 19, 2006

Continuation # 22

There he stood, his slick cowboy hat lazily tossed onto his chestnut brown hair. Beneath the misleading hat peered an innocent face, deep green eyes pulled me into the ominous figure. I found myself mesmerized by the soft tone of this man's demeanor.
“I’m waiting.” A silky voice rang through my mind, hitting my reality switch. My body went into panic-mode, my mind furiously fought off the now rapid intrusion of the warm voice.
“Jiggy! I’m hearing voices!!” I screamed, clasping my hands to my ears trying to block out the voice. Jiggy smiled at the nearby spectators, as if to say “She does this all the time!”
I glanced at the man with the eclectic eyes. He was smirking, and it was NOT making me feel anymore comfortable about the situation. Despite my body and mind’s furious protest, I felt myself being urged closer to the cowboy. I demanded my legs to stop moving but they still brought me closer to my, what seemed at the time, doom. I felt a rough tug on my arm and a message surged through my brain “Not fast enough.”
Jiggy by now was giving me a discerning look. She simply turned to the waitress and ordered another Cocoa.
“Hello!! We are waiting!”
“Hurry up!”
“Stay with us for awhile.”
The messages were spinning through my mind faster than I could process. I was struggling control my feet still until one phrase echoed through my mind.
“Care for a doughnut?”
That was it. The cowboy man was standing in front of me, arm extended, offering a gift from the gods. I felt the drool slightly trickle down my chin. I didn’t mind. I was in complete “doughnut-mode” and nothing could rag me out of my trance. My legs urged forward, my lips jutted out, begging for the succulent morsel. My thoughts were screaming at my mouth for falling victim once again for the tasty pastry’s hold on me.
“That’s it, darlin’.” The cowboy cooed, with a terribly forced southern accent. My head turned back to Jiggy, who was feasting madly on the bowl of popcorn placed in front of her. My neck twisted to see a man pathetically putting moves on a rather risqué dressed woman. I took in my surroundings, making sure no one could steal my sweet treasure. As I surveyed the room I felt a rough hand grasp my chin and turn my head to the doughnut. The cowboy tightened his grip on my chin threateningly.
“Focus on the doughnut. Nothing matters anymore…” He whispered. I nodded thoughtlessly.
“Doughnut….” I moaned unintelligently. It was mine. I reached out and placed the delicious morsel into my mouth, letting the sweet taste satisfy every one of my senses.
“Glazed…” I mumbled through the food in my mouth.


This is for last week. I didn’t get an opportunity to post it, my poppy kicked me off. Yes, I was supposed to do it earlier. I know… I will post if I write any more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

WOWAH!! SOOOO GOOOD!!!

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home