Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier... #20

Wow, Up to twenty posts now. That’s wonderful.

I got checked out today... Yay for me. I'm sick, and I have to go to voice lessons soon. I'm really nervous; this is only my second lesson.
I'm sitting here, dreading my lesson, waiting for my STUPID SCANNER TO GO FASTER, and mourning over the loss of the Pepsi I just dropped.
Life is good.

I thought I would talk about relaxation in this blog. Just because right now I am incredibly relaxed, even though MY STUPID SCANNER IS SLOW. ...Ehhhem. 17% completed.

Had a long day? Thoughts lingering around a term project deadline nearing? Stop. Listen to music. Take a nap. Clear your mind. Relax

Relaxation is something that not most people find these days. With the entire hectic struggle for money and fame, people forget to slow down and breathe. Then they turn blue and pass out from holding their breath so long. Every day I see my mom come home strung out and exhausted from stressing over her work. She hates her job and it drains her to worry so much about it, but one thing that calms her down is seeing my nephew, her grandchild. Ezra. The point I'm trying to reach with my mom is that there are different ways to relax. For me are a nice music, and a good sketching session. For my mother, it is spoiling her grandchildren and not her children who still live at home, but that is another story. Others just love a good jog, or run around the block (psychos). Find your relaxation, find your peace, and stick with it. Don't hold in and let everything out. Everyone needs a good yell, or maybe a fight. I know that when I have held everything in for a long time, letting it all out on a pillow or a friend with a good listening ear is something that lifts the weight and stress off of my shoulders. Do any of these relaxation methods work for you?

28%.

1. To make lax or loose: relax one's grip.
2. To make less severe or strict: relax a curfew.
3. To reduce in intensity; slacken: relax one's efforts.
4. To relieve from tension or strain: The warm bath relaxed me

Interesting. I never thought of the first two definitions at first, but it makes sense.

I better go get some rest; I have to go to voice lessons in… an hour and a half.

Wish me luck, friends.

Sarah

34%

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home