Sunday, November 27, 2005

Emotion keeps my heart on me... #13

Heyo. The title is referring to a song by Keane called "Can't Stop Now" I just happened to be listening to it while I was typing the title. It's a great band, check them out.

Amazing. I'm sitting here with a Christmas tree looming over my shoulder... like a big pile of guilt. Christmas season is wonderful n' all but that means I have to get presents, and I feel horrible. I remember when I was a little kid I would love getting piles and piles of presents (that is an exaggeration. My parents aren't filthy rich) and would accept them no matter what. Now I only have two things on my "Christmas list" because they happen to be more expensive and I feel terrible for making my parents buy me things. Man, what a difficult holiday. I hope I don't end up like my father who happens to be a very good example of Ebenezer Scrooge. He hates Christmas. He believes that has become a commercial joke and that no one remembers what SHOULD be about, which is true, but come on. The Christmas lights are pretty, STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT PUTTING THEM UP! Just playing around. I love my papa during Christmas. He is such a good sport. He just mumbles underneath his breath at us as we decorate the tree.

I love Christmas, as most people do. I decided that his year that I am going to soak up every little drop of Christmas, considering that this is one of my last "childhood" Christmases that I will ever have, really. I mean, after this year it will be more about deciding my future. Not the next game in the Mario series, you know? It really freaks me out! I just want to stay a kid foreeeeeeeeever!! ... Ha-ha. Peter Pan corrupted me. That is an incredible book by the way...

Hmm.... Batteries...

I feel like Christmas is the holiday that brings my family together and it makes me very happy. My family is VERY sarcastic and very insensitive to things. It really can be a problem, so seeing them just all cooperate and have fun is just great.

I was told by a friend to read the last paragraph of Cory Carling's blog and I think that sounds great. I'm planning on wearing green tomorrow since I own no red... I don’t know why either... I should. I mean, Red is a good color.

Anyway. We are singing Christmas music in choir now. I love it. Every day it seems more and more like the holidays. It makes me extremely giddy. :D I'm sure everyone in the choirs loves this time of year. The music is just so incredible and uplifting. On Halloween I went Christmas caroling with a bunch of friends and it was so fun. We just basically goofed off and sang when we felt like it. Most of the time we sang Jingle Bells and We wish you a merry Christmas... now it seems so weird that Christmas is ACTUALLY here. You know?

Man this blog makes no sense. I need candy ASAP!!!

Well, I have to go eat candy now! See you all at school tomorrow.

Spoofteh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

Seasons Greetings!
Hey Sarah-
When I win/earn a bunch of money in some stroke of good luck then you and I'll go shopping and get REDICULOUSLY cheesy holiday sweaters and wear them to school everyday, deal? Hahah!
Happy Holidays!

11:52 PM  
Blogger Flamboyant Hobo Zombie Pirate Princess On Ice said...

Wee! That sounds terribly fun!! Happy Holidays to you as well!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Flamboyant Hobo Zombie Pirate Princess On Ice said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home