Saturday, October 22, 2005

Beauty and the.. er.. Not Beauty? #7

I am going to TRY to make some sense right now. I am really out of it right now so this might not make any sense.

Who decided what beauty was anyway?! I'm going to give my "EVERYONE ON THE EARTH IS SLUTS RIGHT NOW" speach most likely. Really, who put the distinction on what is beautiful and what isn't. It really pushes my buttons that people like me are pushed down constantly because of the way the look. I mean, I'm not treated BADLY but I definatly see a difference on how people treat me, depending on if I did my make up or if I wore a baggy or tighter shirt. It really shows the true side of pople. I'm really going off on this because I see it every day with my friends, peers, and even teachers. Have you noticed certain people get certain advantages because they pull off a nice persona? I see it EVERY SINGLE DAY! I swear... some peoples kids!!

Beauty: The quality that gives pleasure to the mind or senses and is associated with such properties as harmony of form or color, excellence of artistry, truthfulness, and originality.
One that is beautiful, especially a beautiful woman.
A quality or feature that is most effective, gratifying, or telling: The beauty of the venture is that we stand to lose nothing.
An outstanding or conspicuous example: “Hammett's gun went off. The shot was a beauty, just slightly behind the eyes” (Lillian Hellman).

I so love dictionary.com! I really just wanted to emphasize the distinction between hollywood or physcial beauty and TRUE, HONEST TO GOD BEATY. I know so many gorgeous people that really deserve more credit. Take Becca, she is the most amazing person every when it comes to helping people out! She is incredible. Really. And it REALLY bugged me that some people were suddenly like "HOMG BECCA IS MY BEST BUDDY" once Nickalodeon came. I know it was only a few people but oh well. And that was kind of irrelevant to the whole beauty thing... Holy crap, I think I'm really out of it right now. I'm really ticking myself off right now.. haha. This makes me laugh.

Okay.. I really need to get to bed now... Haha. I can't wait to read this when I am awake and not crazy.

See yeh guys.

2 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

Totally agree.
Since when is skimpy slutty clothes beautiful? Don't get me wrong, nudity is beautiful, I guess, but not when you really DON'T want to see it and when it isn't someone you know.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Great blog, Sarah! It is very true that people are fixed on the wrong kind of beauty. People don't understand that even though it is good to be pretty, you don't have to have the latest fashion. Real beauty is just being yourself and letting everyone know who you are! Good job, again. I love your blogs!

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home