Sunday, October 30, 2005

I'm frightened of cigarettes. #9

Ah, Halloween weekend. I'm so uber excited. I don't know why, I don't have anything set in stone. I had parties yesterday but none tomorrow. I am probably just going to hand out candy and watch some movies with friends, but that is enough for me. Unless the whole "Christmas Caroling" works out and I sure hope it does.

The title of this blog is because I recently attended a party where a 19 year old was present and he was smoking. I was scared out of my mind. Call me a wuss or whatever but living in Utah the only exposure to situations like that is at maybe Lagoon. I found it terrifying to finally realize: "I can really get myself into trouble" It freaked me out big time. I am just over reacting but it scared me. It really did. I would rather sit through The Ring and The Grudge again than have that feeling I had that night. I feel so helpless now. It's like I'm in this big bubble and once I step out of it I am vulnerable and I can't defend myself. I don't want to be in a bubble. I want to be out into he world but in order to do that I need to take a risk, which is one thing I am terrible at.

Cigarettes are stupid. I hate them. Really. They bring the greatest people down. I hate the thought that my loved ones are suffering because a little stick. ARg.... I should just relax, and not worry about things like this. It's like, why should it matter? We are only here for a limited time anyway, but that's too long for me. Recently it has popped into my head that if life after death is so incredible, why is it worth living all this crud we see today. I just don't understand, why is it such a big deal for someone to want to die sooner? I'm not encouraging killing or suicide or anything, I'm just trying to understand why people do it. I totally just changed gears, but I'm just addressing what I've realized this week. I'm really anxious to see what is after this. I mean, I know what this life is like, now what am I looking forward to. Any religion will say things like "Its almighty and incredible and blah blah blah" But that is no comfort to me. I should get off the subject of religion...

Wee. This week had been very fast paced. Pirates Of Penzance is coming up and I honestly don't know how we are going to pull it together. Everyone I think needs to chill out and stop being so critical though. I mean, if we can't get along with each other than how can we put this mini musical thing together? I guess it will all work out eh? We will see.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

I completely agreee with you about cigarettes. Why would any one in their right minds, and with all the knowledge we have about the dangers, start today?? It seems very idiotic, because they know that it's going to end up seriously damaging their bodies and probably killing them. It's such an awful thing to witness! Great blog!

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home